There may be nothing in life more daunting than the thought of having a criminal record. From the immediate possibility of fines, jail time or a prison sentence to the long-term complications for employment prospects, criminal charges can instill fear in anyone. If you have been arrested or have reason to believe you are under investigation, it is crucial to consult with an experienced criminal defense lawyer.
At Jetton & Meredith, our team of lawyers represents people charged with misdemeanor and felony offenses in North Carolina. Our stellar reputation stems from our ability to achieve the best possible outcome for clients facing charges such as:
- DUI/DWI: A conviction on charges of drunk driving can have serious consequences, including potential driver's license suspension, increased auto insurance rates, and a criminal record.
- Traffic violations: Our North Carolina traffic offense attorneys at Jetton & Meredith can represent you at DMV hearings after you have been charged with speeding or driving with a revoked license.
- Drug charges: The sooner you have a lawyer on your side after any type of drug arrest, the more options you may have to obtain a favorable outcome. We represent people charged with drug possession, drug paraphernalia possession, drug distribution and trafficking. Substances involved include marijuana, illegal narcotics and prescription drugs such as Oxycontin or Percocet.
- Violent crimes: We represent people charged with death by motor vehicle, involuntary manslaughter, domestic violence or any type of assault, including sex offenses.
- Theft crimes: including fraud, larceny, unlawful concealment, robbery and burglary
- Alcohol crimes: including underage drinking, open container, and intoxicated and disruptive acts
- Trespassing crimes: including breaking and entering, vandalism of private property, and other related crimes
Mitigating the Damage from Criminal Charges
Whether you face charges of murder or petty theft, drug trafficking or a traffic violation, you can count on an aggressive defense if our law firm represents you. We will focus on shielding you from the consequences of criminal charges by helping you:
- Avoid jail or prison
- Avoid costly fines and penalties
- Achieve a reduction of bail bonds
- Reduction of criminal charges
- Avoid or erase your criminal record
- Confront and overcome charges for failure to appear in court
Facing Criminal Charges? We Can Help
From our law offices in Charlotte, criminal defense lawyers at Jetton & Meredith represent clients throughout the region. For best results, we urge you to act promptly if you have been charged or are being investigated for a crime. Call 704-859-4224 or contact us online to schedule a consultation.