- Caitlin was born in Charlotte, North Carolina and raised in Ellicott City, Maryland.
- Caitlin has a passion for working with children and has volunteered with Prevent Child Abuse in America, the Girls Scouts of America, and Hands on Charlotte.
- Caitlin was a fellow with Safe Alliance where she provided pro-bono legal representation to victims of domestic violence.
Caitlin E. Ryan is a family law attorney who advocates for clients in all areas of family law including, divorce, alimony, equitable distribution, child custody, child support, and domestic violence protective orders. She has litigated a wide variety of high conflict custody cases including issues of emergency custody, sexual abuse allegations, grandparent rights, and jurisdiction.
Ms. Ryan’s goal is to help clients navigate the legal system in a decisive and cost-effective manner. Her client-centered approach is deeply rooted in her continual dedication and passion for serving others and the community. Ms. Ryan graduated law school with Pro Bono High Honor Distinctions for volunteering over a hundred hours of pro bono work to Mecklenburg County residents in child custody and domestic violence cases.
Ms. Ryan’s commitment to serving others started well before law school. While earning her undergraduate degree at Susquehanna University, she was accepted to the Fund for American Studies internship program hosted by Georgetown University as a part of the Institute of Philanthropy and Voluntary Services. While studying in Washington D.C., she served as a grant and development intern for an international children’s nonprofit organization.
Ms. Ryan has a passion for protecting children and advocating for families both within and outside of the courtroom.
- Ms. Ryan was born in Charlotte, North Carolina and raised in Ellicott City, Maryland. She attended Mount De Sales Academy outside of Baltimore, Maryland where she was a three-season varsity athlete. Ms. Ryan was awarded a scholarship to attend Susquehanna University in Selinsgrove, Pennsylvania. While attending Susquehanna University, she studied abroad at Queen Mary, University of London in England.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- North Carolina State Bar
- Mecklenburg County Bar, Family Law Section
- North Carolina Advocates for Justice
- North Carolina