“In developing my philosophy in how I practice law, I realized from the beginning that people are coming to me because they need help and they trust me to help them in their time of need. I enjoy doing what I do because it provides me with an opportunity to make a difference in people’s lives.”
- Eric is a scratch golfer, who enjoys playing golf at TPC Piper Glen Country Club and Verdict Ridge Golf and Country Club
- Eric is widely known in the legal community as ‘The Lawyer With The Shoes’. Eric has an extensive collection of two-toned wingtip spectator dress shoes.
- Eric is an avid University of Tennessee football fan, where his Father attended college
- Eric is a dog lover, who owns an Airedale Terrier, “Sully”
- Eric is originally from High Point, North Carolina.
Recent Attorney News:
- Named 2012, 2015, 2016 and 2017 “North Carolina Super Lawyers Rising” Star, recognizing the top 2.5% of attorneys under the age of 40.
- (For more information on criteria for inclusion in 10 Best Attorneys, go to www.superlawyers.com)
- Nominated as one of the “10 Best Attorneys” for North Carolina by the American Institute of Family Law Attorneys
- (For more information on criteria for inclusion in 10 Best Attorneys, go to www.aiofla.org)
- Named “Top 10 Attorney” under the age of 40 by the National Academy of Family Law Attorneys, Inc.
- (For more information on criteria for inclusion in 10 Best Attorneys, go to www.nafla.net)
- Named to the “Top 40 Under 40” list in North Carolina by the American Society Of Legal Advocates (ASLA)
- (For more information on criteria for inclusion in 10 Best Attorneys, go to www.societyoflegaladvocates.org)
- Named “Best Attorneys of America” by Rue Ratings, recognizing the Top 100 Attorneys in North Carolina
- (For more information on criteria for inclusion in 10 Best Attorneys, go to www.bestattorneysofamerica.com)
- Recipient of the “2015 Avvo Clients’ Choice Award” for Divorce
- (For more information on criteria for inclusion in 10 Best Attorneys, go to www.avvo.com)
Eric S. Meredith is a founding partner at Jetton & Meredith and, with his business partner, established the law firm of Jetton & Meredith upon graduating from law school, where he has been practicing law since that time. Mr. Meredith focuses his practice exclusively to cases related divorce and family law, child custody, child support, postseparation support and alimony, equitable distribution and all other areas involving family law and domestic law.
Mr. Meredith has received many awards and recognition for his work in the area of divorce and family law. Mr. Meredith and the firm of Jetton & Meredith have been the subject of various publications in the Charlotte Business Journal, Triad Business Journal and South Charlotte Living Magazine.
In 2012, 2015, 2016 and 2017, Mr. Meredith was named as one of North Carolina’s Super Lawyers Rising Stars, which recognizes the top 2.5% of attorneys in North Carolina under the age of 40. Mr. Meredith has also been recognized by the American Institute of Family Law Attorneys as one of the 10 Best Attorneys for North Carolina. Mr. Meredith was named as one of the Premier 100 trial attorneys in North Carolina by the American Academy of Trial Lawyers. Mr. Meredith was accepted as a Lifetime Member of the Rue Ratings’ Best Attorneys of America, which recognized him as one of the Top 100 Attorneys in North Carolina, as announced in the January, 2015 edition of the American Bar Association Journal.
Awards & Accolades
Mr. Meredith is an accomplished lawyer who has assembled an impressive list of accolades during his career. This includes:
*For more information on criteria for inclusion in the awards listed above, please visit the individual award page for more information.
|Eric Meredith has been selected a SuperLawyers Rising Star in 2012, 2015 & 2016* for the North Carolina Super Lawyers Rising Star Award. SuperLawyers ‘Rising Star’ winner selections are made using a rigorous multi-phased process that includes a state wide survey of lawyers, an independent research evaluation of candidates, and peer reviews by practice area. The Rising Stars lists are published nationwide in Super Lawyers magazines and in leading city and regional magazines across the country.|
|Elected to Business North Carolina’s ‘Legal Elite’ in 2016*, the lawyers their peers think are the state’s best practitioners in their fields. Ballots were made available to over 20,000 Tar Heel lawyers. Mark is included in the 15th class of Legal Elite professionals. Those receiving the most votes compose the Legal Elite group. Of the thousands of practicing lawyers in North Carolina, less than 3% were selected to the Legal Elite list in 2016.|
|Being named a ‘Top 10 Lawyer’ from the National Association of Family Law Attorneys (NAFLA)* in 2015. This prestigious ‘Top 10’ honor is given to less than 1% of all family law attorneys. These are attorneys who demonstrate an extraordinary amount of knowledge, skill, experiences, expertise and success in their practice. NAFLA specializes in helping consumers find quality family law and divorce law representation.
|Named to Rue Ratings Best Attorneys In America* list for 2015. Less than one percent (1%) of the attorneys in the US have been invited to become members of this distinguished group. This organization is set to become one of the most celebrated and respected assemblages of lawyers in the country due to its extremely selective membership standards which are limited to only the most qualified and accomplished of attorneys.|
|Named 2015’s ‘10 Best‘ in Client Satisfaction from the American Institute of Family Law Attorneys (AIOFLA)*. “AIOFLA looks for Attorneys that have achieved unparalleled success but most importantly have done so for the benefit of their client. Very few Attorneys can do so and our organization recognizes this significant achievement.”|
|Jetton & Meredith Law was recently named 2015’s First Place recipients of the Reader’s Choice Award for Best Charlotte Attorney by the Charlotte Observer*.
The Reader’s Choice Awards, published in a special December 2015 issue of the Observer, are a selection by the Charlotte-area community and voted on independently, administered by the newspaper. Each year, hundreds of finalists are voted on by the community and the top three in each category are awarded. Jetton & Meredith won the First Place award in this category. This is the first such award for the firm.
|Mr. Meredith & the Jetton & Meredith Law firm has a maintained an average 5-Star ranking for client satisfaction on Google for the past 6 years.
Read our reviews on Google (Opens in new tab).
A native of North Carolina, Mr. Meredith was born and raised in High Point, North Carolina. Mr. Meredith was offered various scholarships to play golf at the collegiate level, however chose to attend North Carolina State University for his undergraduate studies.
Mr. Meredith currently resides in Charlotte, North Carolina. Mr. Meredith enjoys playing golf at TPC Piper Glen Country Club and Verdict Ridge Golf and Country Club. Mr. Meredith regularly attends church at Myers Park United Methodist Church. Mr. Meredith has volunteered with multiple local organizations including the First Tee of Charlotte, the Ronald McDonald House of Charlotte, Kiwanis International and the YMCA of Greater Charlotte. Mr. Meredith previously served as the Treasurer of the Charlotte Junior Chamber of Commerce and previously served on the Board of the Men’s Golf Association at TPC Piper Glen Country Club.
Professional Associations and Memberships:
- North Carolina State Bar
- North Carolina Bar Association
- Mecklenburg County Bar, Family Law Section, Member
- American Bar Association
- North Carolina Academy of Trial Lawyers Family Law Section, Member
- Verdict Ridge Golf & Country Club, Member
- TPC at Piper Glen, Member
- North Carolina
- U.S. District Court Western District of North Carolina
Pro Bono Activities
- Elon University School of Law Alumni Association, Member
- Kiwanis International, Former Member
- YMCA of Greater Charlotte, Member
- Charlotte Junior Chamber of Commerce, Former Member, Former Treasurer