216 N. McDowell St. Suite 110
Charlotte, NC 28204
Email: Contact Me
AREAS OF PRACTICE
Elon School of Law
“I apply the two basic principles to the practice of law that I have lived my life by, hard work and toughness. I am a firm believer if a person is willing to work hard and stay tough, they will be successful in whatever they do. I promise my clients from the outset, I will work hard and be a tough advocate for them to the conclusion of their case.”
- Mark was born and raised in Charlotte, NC. He comes from a family who has been in the Charlotte area for over 100 years.
- Mark was a national football recruit in high school. Coming out of high school he had numerous football scholarship offers and ended up signing a full athletic scholarship with Clemson University.
- Mark enjoys helping and coaching kids in sports and the Special Olympics. He often volunteers his time in coaching youth sports and donates money to help sponsor kids sports teams.
Recent Attorney News:
- Named 2016 “Legal Elite” by North Carolina Business Magazine, less than 3% of practicing attorneys in the State of North Carolina are selected for his honor
- (For more information on criteria for inclusion in 10 Best Attorneys, visit www.businessnc.com)
- Named 2016 “10 Best Attorneys in North Carolina for Client Satisfaction” in the practice areas of Criminal Law, DWI, and Personal Injury by American Association Lawyers.
- (For more information on criteria for inclusion in 10 Best Attorneys, visit http://www.aiduia.org/)
- Named 2016 “Premium DWI Attorneys” by the American Association of Premium DWI Attorneys.
- (For more information on criteria for inclusion in 10 Best Attorneys, visit www.aapda.org)
- Named 2016 “Top 100 Trial Lawyers” by The National Trial Lawyers (2nd year in a row Mr. Jetton has won this award)
- (For more information on criteria for inclusion in 10 Best Attorneys, visit www.thenationaltriallawyers.org)
- Named 2015 “Best Attorney in Charlotte” by the Charlotte Observer
- (For more information on criteria for inclusion in 10 Best Attorneys, visit charlotteobserver.com)
In The Media:
- North Carolina Lawyers Weekly (2015 Top Ten Most Popular News Stories) (12-28-15 edition) (vol 27, no 43).
- Mr. Jetton is hired by the family of an 86 year old woman who died after allegedly being sexually assaulted by an employee at the nursing home – Watch on YouTube (opens in new tab)
- “Jury Awards $175K to passenger of impaired driver”
- Mark Jetton Interviewed By NBC Over NC DWI Statistics
Mr. Mark S. Jetton, Jr. is one of the founding partners of Jetton & Meredith, PLLC. As an accomplished trial attorney, he is described by his clients as someone who becomes highly involved in their case, pursuing it for the best outcome possible. He brings a competitive approach to the courtroom and has an impressive track record for the results* he has achieved over the years for his clients. As an ex college football player Mr. Jetton has earned a reputation of being an aggressive hard working attorney inside and outside of the courtroom. He is widely respected in the legal community and can often be seen on the nightly news for his legal insight on developing stories and his involvement in high-profile cases. He has earned an impressive list of awards for his legal work; however he is most proud of what his clients say about his work on their cases.
Mr. Jetton focuses his practice on criminal defense, personal injury, and workers compensation. This includes representing individuals charged with DWI/DUI, felonies, misdemeanors, and traffic offenses and those who are seriously injured or killed as a result of an accident or the negligence of someone else. He has handled 100’s of cases to conclusion and has an impressive track record for obtaining NOT GUILTY VERDICTS, HIGH SETTLEMENTS, and HIGH JURY AWARD VERDICTS*.
Awards & Accolades
Mr. Jetton is an accomplished lawyer who has assembled an impressive list of accolades during his career. This includes:
*For more information on criteria for inclusion in the awards listed above, please visit the individual award page for more information.
|Named to The National Trial Lawyers: Top 25 Motor Vehicle Trial Lawyers*. A professional organization composed of the premier trial lawyers from across the country who exemplify superior qualifications as civil plaintiff or criminal defense trial lawyers. This national organization provides networking opportunities, advocacy training, and the highest quality educational programs for trial lawyers. The mission of The National Trial Lawyers is to combine resources, power, and influence into formidable forces to preserve and protect individual rights, our profession, and the judicial system.|
|Named to The National Trial Lawyers: Top 100 Trial Lawyers* in 2015. Each year, no more than 100 lawyers in the state receive this honor. Membership into the Top 100 Trial Lawyers in North Carolina is by invitation only and is extended exclusively to those individuals who exemplify superior qualifications, trial results, and leadership as a trial lawyer. It is also in a large part based on peer review and nomination.|
|Elected to Business North Carolina’s ‘Legal Elite’* in 2016, the lawyers their peers think are the state’s best practitioners in their fields. Ballots were made available to over 20,000 Tar Heel lawyers. Mark is included in the 15th class of Legal Elite professionals. Those receiving the most votes compose the Legal Elite group. Of the thousands of practicing lawyers in North Carolina, less than 3% were selected to the Legal Elite list in 2016.|
|Jetton & Meredith Law was recently named First Place recipients of the Reader’s Choice Award for Best Charlotte Attorney by the Charlotte Observer* in 2015.
The Reader’s Choice Awards, published in a special December 2015 issue of the Observer, are a selection by the Charlotte-area community and voted on independently, administered by the newspaper. Each year, hundreds of finalists are voted on by the community and the top three in each category are awarded. Jetton & Meredith won the First Place award in this category. This is the first such award for the firm.
|Recently “granted Membership into the American Association of Premier DUI Attorneys* in 2016 after the Association confirmed that he has the skills, knowledge, training, tools, resources, and strategies that are needed to successfully resolve and win DUI cases.”|
|Recognized as one of the Premier 100 trial attorneys in North Carolina by The American Academy of Trial Attorneys*. This is an invitation only professional organization comprised of Premier Trial attorneys located throughout the nation. This invitation is extended exclusively to those trial attorneys who have met stringent qualifications and who have shown exemplary representation of their clients as a premier trial attorney.|
|Named to The National Trial Lawyers: Top 40 under 40 Trial Lawyers* in 2015. Each year, no more than 40 lawyers in the state under the age of 40 receive this honor. Membership into the Top 40 under 40 association is by invitation only and is extended exclusively to those individuals who exemplify superior qualifications, trial results, and leadership as a young trial lawyer. It is also in a large part based on peer review and nomination.|
|Recently named to the 2015 Global Directory of Whos Who list* in recognition of his work within the Charlotte-Mecklenburg criminal justice system. “The Global Directory of Who’s Who is an annual, hard covered publication which recognizes Executives and Professionals for their accomplishments and contributions to the global marketplace.”|
|Mr. Jetton & the Jetton & Meredith Law firm has a maintained an average 5-Star ranking for client satisfaction on Google for the past 6 years.
Read our reviews on Google (Opens in new tab).
Mr. Jetton currently resides in Charlotte, North Carolina. He enjoys working out, spending time with family, traveling, and coaching youth in sports in his spare time. He currently helps coach the 8th grade football team at Holy Trinity Middle School.
He enjoys anything outside and can often be found cycling on his road bike, on Lake Norman boating, or enjoying a dining experience outside in and around the Charlotte area. Mr. Jetton enjoys the sun and the snow; therefore he often travels to the beach and the mountains to water ski and snow ski with friends and family.
He follows his 2 former college football teams and on a Saturday during football season is likely enjoying the Clemson Tigers or Elon Phoenix football games.
Mr. Jetton has volunteered and donated money to multiple organizations including the Special Olympics, Big Brothers Big Sisters of Charlotte and the Dowd YMCA of Greater Charlotte. Mr. Jetton currently serves on the President’s Young Leaders Council at Elon University.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- North Carolina
- U.S. District Court Western District of North Carolina
- North Carolina State Bar
- North Carolina Bar Association, Criminal Justice Section, Member
- Mecklenburg County Bar, Criminal Justice Section, Member
- American Bar Association
- North Carolina Advocates for Justice, Auto Torts Section, Member
- North Carolina Advocates for Justice, Criminal Defense Section, Member
- North Carolina Advocates for Justice, DWI Law Section, Member
- North Carolina Advocates for Justice, Workers Compensation Section, Member
- National Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers, Member
- Mecklenburg County Criminal Defense Lawyers Association
- American Association of Premier DUI Attorneys, Executive Member
- North Carolina
- U.S. District Court Western District of North Carolina
Pro Bono Activities
- Elon University Young Alumni Council, Member
- Elon University Phoenix Club, Member
- YMCA of Greater Charlotte, Member
- Forest Hill Church, Member
- Special Olympics, Member and Volunteer
- Lawyers Weekly
- Charlotte Business Journal
- South Charlotte Magazine