Charlotte Attorneys For Alienation of Affection and Criminal Conversion

Yes, A Paramour Can Be Sued In North Carolina

Although many jurisdictions have abolished these actions, North Carolina continues to recognize both alienation of affection & criminal conversion as legal tort actions, substantiated by the willful and malicious interference of the marriage by a third party, commonly called a paramour.

Although these claims are often paired and discussed together, the two claims can be brought separately. Both claims are civil actions and are brought against a third party.

In North Carolina, it’s possible for the paramour to be held liable for the breakup or dissolution of a marriage in civil court. In cases involving high-assets or complex property divisions, a tort of this nature can substaintially alter the alimony agreement made in a final divorce settlement.

If you feel like you have been a victim of alienation of affection & criminal conversion, call today and discuss your options with Charlotte divorce attorney Eric Meredith.

Contact us today to learn more about the family law services we offer.

Contact Us For A Confidential Consultation

I need help with:

*The use of the Internet or this form for communication with the firm or any individual member of the firm does not establish an attorney-client relationship. Confidential or time-sensitive information should not be sent through this form.
 *Check here if you accept the disclaimer above (required):