Charlotte Workers' Compensation Lawyers
If you have been injured while working, the best outcome is that you will recover completely after a few days or a few weeks. Unfortunately, some workplace injuries are far more serious and complicated. At Jetton & Meredith in Charlotte, our lawyers represent workers who have been injured on the job or suffer from an occupational illness. No matter what your situation, we offer a free initial consultation to discuss your case and answer your questions about North Carolina’s workers’ compensation program.
Protecting the Rights of Injured Workers
If you have been injured on the job, you are entitled to three main benefits from workers’ compensation:
- Free medical care for as long as you need it for your work-related injury or illness
- A weekly disability benefit for as long as you are unable to work or can work only part time
- A lump-sum settlement for any percentage of permanent impairment that results from your injury or illness
If you have suffered an injury that will result in either work absence or a permanent impairment, it’s important to get an attorney’s advice. The workers’ compensation insurance carrier has a financial incentive to deny your claim or send you back to work before you are ready.
If you have suffered an injury on the job, our lawyers can help.
Can I Sue My Employer?
Employers are generally protected from being sued by employees, even if your injury was caused by the negligence of your employer or another employee. However, there are exceptions:
- If the accident was caused by a third party (such as another driver in a car accident)
- If the accident was caused by a dangerous or defective product manufactured by another company
- If your injury was caused by extreme negligence of your employer
Our attorneys will carefully evaluate your case and seek the maximum compensation from all sources.
Contact Our Workplace Accident Compensation Lawyers
For more information about your rights, contact our Charlotte workers’ compensation and personal injury lawyers. We charge no fees until and unless we obtain compensation for you.
Contact Us For A Confidential Consultation
Fill out the form below to receive a free and confidential initial consultation.