Charlotte Drug Possession Attorney
How Do You Beat a Drug Possession Charge?
We cannot promise a particular outcome to your drug possession case, but we can promise that you will receive knowledgeable and attentive representation tailored to your unique needs.
We will begin by asking important questions about the circumstances of your arrest, such as:
- Was the alleged banned substance actually what police claimed it was? - In some cases, police have arrested people on suspicion of possession of drugs that turned out to be harmless, inert substances. Laboratory reports confirmed defendants’ innocence.
- Was the amount of an alleged illegal substance what it was claimed to be? - A difference in quantity can mean the difference between a misdemeanor and a felony case.
- Do you have a substance abuse problem? - If so, and if you agree to undergo inpatient treatment and perform community service, you may escape a criminal record while receiving the help you need.
- Were you arrested on suspicion of possession of drug paraphernalia? - If so, can the prosecution prove that the objects in question were, in fact, intended for use with illegal substances?
- Did the drugs belong to someone else? - Often, individuals are arrested because they are in the wrong place at the wrong time, such as at a party where drugs are found by police.
- Were you subjected to illegal search and seizure? - If your constitutional rights were violated by the police, we will argue before prosecutors that any evidence obtained through their illegal methods should be suppressed.
Jetton & Meredith, PLLC Possession Legal Counsel
At Jetton & Meredith, our goal is to help you mitigate the consequences of your drug possession charges. Whether this is a first time possession charge, or a subsequent possession charge, it is crucial that you hire aggressive defense. From seeking the best available outcome to your legal issues to helping you avoid the damage that a criminal record can have on your future, we strive to achieve results that protect the best interest of our clients in Charlotte and throughout North Carolina.*
Have reason to believe you are being investigated? Call us today at (704) 931-5535 for a consultation with a Charlotte drug possession attorney.
Prompt, thorough, understanding and knowledgeable, are only a few of the adjectives that describe Jetton & Meredith. Fabulous lawyers, highly recommend for any family law cases!!- Former Client
Eric Meredith represented me during what turned out to be a lengthy divorce settlement. During the first meeting, he fully explained the process ahead and answered all my questions and concerns. I still remember the feeling of relief after that meeting knowing I had a true professional in my corner. Eric, along with his Paralegal Julie, kept me updated along the way and were quick to respond with any additional issues. Not only did he call with any updates to the case, he also would ask how I was doing. I cannot recommend Eric at Jetton & Meredith enough.- Tim
I highly recommend Mark. I hired him to handle a simple assault charge that was filed against me. Mark handled it professionally and expeditiously. He explained each step in the process, and everything happened just as he described. He is exactly the type of lawyer you want representing you.- J&M Client
Great service and very personal. Jetton & Meredith are very hardworking attorneys. I will recommend Jetton & Meredith to anyone in need.- Former Client
I cannot stress enough how great the customer service was with Jetton & Meredith, with my case being a little more complicated I had the opportunity to work with both Mr. Jetton and Mr. Meredith. I can say they know their stuff, Mr. Jetton was able to get my case dismissed the first time we went to court, no questions asked. Working with Mr. Meredith was a longer process but he walked me through the steps and gave me realistic expectations of an outcome that he was able to provide just as he stated he would do. I couldn’t be more pleased with my decision to hire Jetton & Meredith as my attorneys, and I would highly recommend them to anyone in need of an attorney!- Former Client
This law office far exceeded my expectations. All options and possible outcomes were set before me from the start and everything was handled in a professional and timely manner. Not only will I use this law firm again, but I would also and have already recommended them to the people I care most for. Thank you for all you’ve done.- Former Client