Charlotte Drug Possession Defense Lawyer
At Jetton & Meredith, our goal is to help you mitigate the consequences of drug possession charges. From seeking the best available outcome to your legal issues to helping you avoid the damage that a criminal record can have on your future, we strive to achieve results that protect the best interest of our clients in Charlotte and throughout North Carolina.
Arrested for drug possession or have reason to believe you are being investigated? Call us today at 704-859-4224 for a no-obligation consultation with an attorney.
Charlotte Drug Paraphernalia Defense Lawyer
We cannot promise a particular outcome to your drug charges case, but we can promise that you will receive attentive representation from a criminal defense attorneytailored to your unique needs. We will begin by asking important questions about the circumstances of your arrest such as:
- Was the alleged banned substance actually what police claimed it was? In some cases, police have arrested people on suspicion of possession of drugs that turned out to be harmless, inert substances. Laboratory reports confirmed defendants’ innocence.
- Was the amount of an alleged illegal substance what it was claimed to be?A difference in quantity can mean the difference between a misdemeanor and a felony case.
- Do you have a substance abuse problem? If so, and if you agree to undergo inpatient treatment and perform community service, you may escape a criminal record, while receiving the help you need.
- Were you arrested on suspicion of possession of drug paraphernalia? If so, can the prosecution prove that the objects in question were, in fact, intended for use with illegal substances?
- Did the drugs belong to someone else? Often, individuals are arrested because they are in the wrong place at the wrong time, such as at a party where drugs are found by police.
- Were you subjected to illegal search and seizure? If your constitutional rights were violated by the police, we will argue before prosecutors that any evidence obtained through their illegal methods should be suppressed.
To learn more about how we can defend you against drug possession and drug paraphernalia charges, contact us today for a no-obligation consultation.